Sunday, October 18, 2015

Rock 88 ~ Eeny Meeny Rock ~ October 18 2015 ~ Claremont CA

When I was a child, we had several ways to decide who got to "go first" in any of the myriad of games we loved. One was for all to put their two fists in, creating a group circle of fists, and for the designated "leader" to count off as she/he hit each fist, "One Potato, Two Potato..." etc., until it was "8 potato MORE". Whomever was landed on got to go first. We also used the "Eeny Meeny Miny Moe" rhyme, to the same purposes. As we grew older, guessing the number the "leader" had in mind, or a coin flip was the usual determining factor.

Tonight it was already dark outside when I went out hounding. So I found a spot with a number of rocks and reached down and took the first (medium sized) one I felt...I didn't say a rhyme to select it, but it felt like the old Eeny Meeny choice all over again. 

I present this rock that was selected to become an Internet celeb'. Measures approximately 2 1/4" across and still has a bit of Claremont dirt clinging in the crevices:



No comments:

Post a Comment