Sunday, September 6, 2015

Rocks 42,43,44,45 ~ Vacation Rocks Catch Up Post ~ Sept 2-5

I was unable to access the blog to post the rocks but I did collect a rock a day and here they are:

Rock 45 : Ball Rock. Claremont CA: 

2 for $1 Labor Day sale at Treasures N Junk ...5 1/2" 

circumference


And here is the pair I bought -- don't they look great together?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rock 44 - Great White Rock: Claremont CA.

Today is Polly's birthday. She is one of my earliest friends -- I


 met her when I was 6. We talked today and she told me she

 enjoys these rock photos. 

I was going to name this rock after her, but the resemblance 


just wasn't there..
..
Measures approx 5" and is very jagged





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rock 43: TBT ROCK ~ Sept 3 2015
This is a rock from my collection at home. It likely originated from Aptos, CA where I used to stroll along a long strand of relatively un-inhabited beach, and often found rocks that were once homes for sea creatures. 

As this is "Throw Back Thursday", I decided to select a rock from my past for today's post..... Measures approx 2 1/2" across.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rock 42: Claremont Potato Rock : 




Claremont is a town in Southern California and anyone here who gardens is familiar with the "Claremont potatoes" that are incessant in the dirt. SO I dug up one for today's selection on my ROCK A DAY blog. It measures approx 6" across and it weighs approx 1 3/4 lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment