Friday, August 21, 2015

ROCK 30 ~ Mishmash Rock ~ August 21 2015, Cayucos CA




I followed a trail down to the rocky coast just north of Cayucos town proper. This was a trail I have wanted to take for awhile, and today I couuld not resist going. I was not disappointed! There were so many various kinds of rocks, that I had a hard time choosing! I found clean bird bones ( a nice little skull, so fragile and detailed), feathers, seaweeds and - of course - rocks. There was a field-full of white egrets on top of the bluffs. I was happy looking around and enjoying the ocean's handiwork on the elements.

I selected this rock because it was dazzling with its mishmash of elements. It even sparkles. It is quite heavy - almost 2 pounds -- and is approx 5" longest measurement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment